Africa Medical and Behavioral Sciences Organization (AMBSO) www.ambso.org is a ‘Private Not for profit (PNFP) organization working in partnership with Uro Care Hospital, with Head offices at Nansana, along Hoima Road and satellite offices in Hoima and Masaka. AMBSO conducts a wide range of activities of public health interest including clinical research, community-based health surveillance research; programs for health care service delivery and capacity building among health care workers and community health workers.
We are seeking to strengthen our staffing need in order to efficiently conduct “the Population Health Surveillance” in Wakiso and Hoima district. Applications are therefore invited from qualified and competent Ugandans to fill vacant positions based at AMBSO Offices in Nansana.
Job Title: Volunteer Research Assistants (5 Positions – 6 Months contract)
Job Location: Wakiso & Hoima Districts.
Reporting to: PHS Team Supervisor
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in training and retraining of study protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Conduct health education and deliver relevant research related information to the study participants.
- Screen, assess eligibility and enroll study participants.
- Carry out household census.
- Administer informed consent to study participants.
- Complete study documents (Source documents, questionnaires or Case report forms) for the study participants.
- Collect biological samples from the study participants
- Compile and submit progress reports
- Any other official duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
o The applicant should possess a minimum of O-Level certificate with additional professional training such as nursing, teaching, social work and higher training.
o The applicants should be able to fluently speak and read Luganda, Runyoro or both.
o Ability to work under minimum supervision.
o Have good interviewing skills.
o Computer literacy/Computer skills a MUST.
o Additional formal training like in Education and records keeping is an added advantage.
o Experience in data collection and data entry is an added advantage.
o Riding skills with a valid riding permit is an added advantage. in Medicine
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their application letter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (CV) with three recognizable referees;
To: Uro care-AMBSO office-Nansana. (Behind Bukomero Seven sisters building, Nakuule Zone) Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Submit in a single PDF file with a maximum of 5MBs only).
N.B: Please indicate the position applied for in your subject line. Applications should be handed in not later than 5:00pm 5 th November, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.